𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐆𝐨 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧

Students’ leaders at just concluded SLEDT Nigeria

Youth leaders from six states and four geo-political zones of the federation has pledged their commitment towards a green community.
This was made known in the recently concluded 2019 edition of 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬’ 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 (SLEDT).

Nigerian Students’ leaders pledging their allegiance to a green campus

From evidences around, it is an obvious reality that our planet is ailing and urgent attention must be given to reverse the degradation trends. The global temperature is significantly higher than the pre-industrial temperature as evident from temperature rise across different regions of the globe. Statistically, 45% of the Africa arable farm land has been degraded while the remaining 55% is under serious threat of degradation. In Nigeria as well, research has it that over 55% of our natural forest has been lost to deforestation which is an indication to serious environmental issues. It therefore warrants urgent action in this line to reverse this trend.

The 2019 edition of SLEDT therefore posed to bring together youth leaders who will serve as 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬. SLEDT 2019 showcase and trained eighteen youth leaders who are representing over 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 across six states and four geo-political zones of Nigeria.

Students’ leaders speaking in one voice for greener campus

For the next five years, our efforts shall be channeled towards 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐬.

Leave a Reply

Close Menu